Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Upswing... Now Stay UP Swing!

I have just returned from mailing my ninth and tenth Etsy orders. Yes folks that's right, I have now entered into double digits with my sales! It seems a bit pitiful, but for me, the last couple of weeks have been good for me as far as my shop and sales go. Granted most sales have been to friends and family, I still count it as a small victory. How shall I celebrate? A bottle of champagne? Better make that a five dollar bottle of Brut then. I don't intend to talk myself down here. My custom orders are still steady, and my home sales are steady too, as well as incoming craft show invitaitons. It's the magic of an Etsy sale that has me wanting more.

This last winter, I have been trying my darnedest to make my Etsy shop the best it can be! I bought mannequin heads and necklace busts. I have taken so many pictures that my computer is starting to cuss at me in the all too familiar random bursts of stalemate. I have gone to the critiques and the labs, the forums and the team meetings. I have re-listed and posted new items almost daily. For all of this I have very little to show. Frustrating? Yes. I feel like it's all going to be worth it though. I have always lived by the mantra that the harder you work the more benefits you will reap. I feel like the recent upswing in interest in my shop and my designs as well as a few sales, is a taste of what I can achieve. I want an entrée though, no amuse bouchée here.

I will go back to my picture editing, my packaging, my daily scroll through all of my internet outlets and I will diligently go forth. I can see how far I have come and I can see how far I still have to go. Maybe my next goal will be ten sales a month. That seems reasonable. I think I can, I think I can, I know I can, I know I can. Toot toot!

No comments:

Post a Comment